Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly)
- Letter of Essay addressed to the Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation about yourself and your college plans (college/university, intended major, and anticipated start date). Letter should not exceed one (1) page.
- Two (2) letters of recommendations from choice of high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individuals with significant knowledge of applicant’s character.
- An official and recent high school transcript with cumulative grade point average and a class standing/rank must be emailed by a school representative to [email protected]
- Personal Essay. Essay must be at least 1-2 typed pages, double-spaced, 12 pt / Time New Roman font. Essay shall contain no grammatical errors.
Criteria For Determining Awards:
- Application, recommendations, essay and acceptance letter MUST be submitted to the Scholarship Committee to [email protected] by February 15th 11:59pm
- Quality and Personalization of Your Essay
- Strength of Recommendations
- Overall GPA & Academic Progress
- Applicant will be notified by email March 22
- Yearly recipients notifications will be posted on our website and in the local paper, The Martinsburg Journal.
- Scholarship Awards will be sent directly to the school on your behalf.